Friday, April 30, 2010

2009-2010 BOP Awards

The Board of Publications for the University of Hawaii at Manoa presented their awards for Excellence in Journalism tonight for the past academic year.
There are number of different categories ranging from news briefs, to photo portraits to comics.  The entries are judged by various distinguished members of the Honolulu Advertiser and the Honolulu Star Bulletin.
This year I was fortunate enough to win first place in the Editorial Cartoons category for my cartoon entitled
"Zippity-Doo-Dah".
In the Comics category I managed to walk away with second place for my comic entitled "The Really Important Stuff".
And lastly, in the Graphic Illustration, which is an illustration whose purpose is to accompany and enhance an article in the paper, I won first place for "Bowser V. Midbus".

1 comment:

  1. this is cool, interesting, AND funny!

    and you're sexy :)

    ReplyDelete